KotH Market

Whark

L3: Member
Jul 26, 2010
I live... again.

I'm starting from the beginning here. The whole ugly process of creating a map will be exposed publicly. Feedback at every stage of the process is welcome no matter how early.

Thanks!

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Not even a screenshot or download?

Mar 23, 2010
it is in "planning." from the pic on the front page, it looks fairly unfinished.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Just wild guess but i do suspect that it probably looks like this.
market000211.jpg

Or then we been fooled again.

Whark

Jul 26, 2010
Just wild guess but i do suspect that it probably looks like this.
market000211.jpg

Or then we been fooled again.

That's the starting point. Shooting for better.

I'd like to have the full dev cycle up here through its phases. Unless this is only for finished maps. In which case where can I iterate and get feedback on my map as it goes?

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
Very glad to see you working on an original custom map with this theme, Whark. Now at least you won't be forcing your architecture into a pre-designed map, you can build the two side by side.

Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses!

Whark

Jul 26, 2010
I've just been mucking about in the tools blocking out geometry so I decided to make a few instances of things that I used alot in my Artpass entry and never took the time to make modular. The first of which starts here.

arch_opening_instance_layer.jpg

arch_opening_instance.jpg

Chemical Alia and I have been going back and forth with some paintovers and studies as well. Hope to have some progress posted on that soon.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
A trading map, amirite? Dohohoho.

Seriously, I'm eager to see what you do with this theme, too, now that you don't have the pressure of meeting a contest deadline with it. :)

Kep

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
It's been a few weeks. Any progress? I keep hoping to see an update every time I check in because, dang it, I really enjoy this theme.