How to Submit Your MapHere at TF2Maps, we run regular map tests on our servers. All playable maps* are accepted! If you'd like to test your map with us, follow these steps:
- Join the TF2Maps Discord and navigate to the #bot channel.
- Type "!add <download url> <notes>" (without the quotes or brackets) to add your map to the queue. Please type the exact filename (e.g. cp_example_a1) to help out our test hosts! Notes are optional.
- That's it! Feel free to hang out in chat until a map test is announced. Depending on the length of the queue, it may take a day or two to get to yours.
- Maps that do not require a plugin to function.
- Proper lighting. No fullbright, excessive HDR bloom, or overly dark maps.
- Working gameplay logic. Make sure the map is winnable, and important gameplay elements such as doors and spawns work.
- No leaks. These will hurt your map's performance and lighting quality.
- Packed custom content. If you use any models/textures/etc. that didn't come with TF2, they need to be packed in so other players can see them. See CompilePal, VIDE.
- Repacked. This compresses the map and reduces the file size. Guide
- US: us.tf2maps.net:27015
- EU: eu.tf2maps.net:27015
- US MVM*: us.tf2maps.net:27016
- EU MVM*: eu.tf2maps.net:27016